Thursday, February 19, 2015

Succession 360 - Hiding HCSC Folder Tabs

We are implementing Succession Planning and I was asked to hide Some Tabs on the Succession 360 page that we were not going to utilize.  My first thought was I could navigate to the Configure Folder Tabs and simply delete the tabs that we are not using.  You can find the Configure Folder Tabs using the navigation below:

Set Up HRMS > Common Definitions > Folder Tabs > Configure Folder Tabs

Or use 

Main Menu>>Enterprise Components>>Find Object Navigation and search for Component Name HCSC_TAB_DEFN

When I deleted the Tabs the component stopped loading and gave me hard peoplecode errors, because the component has hard coded values for the number of tabs it is expecting.  So to make this happen I configured all the tabs that I wanted to delete and moved them to the end of the Tabset and used JavaScript to hide them in the component. I also renamed the Tab Set Id from Tab## to ZZHIDE for the tabs that I wanted to hide.



This simplified my JavaScript to one line.



<script language="JavaScript">

$(document).ready(function(){

$( "a[name$='ZZHIDE']" ).css( "visibility", "hidden" );

})

</script>


No comments:

Post a Comment