Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Identifying Asynchronous Integration Points

Every time we do any sort of upgrade on Tools or Application I find myself writing this sql to identify what Async Transactions we are using so I can add them to my test plan.  So here is how I identify my Integration Broker messages that I need to test.


SELECT A.ROUTINGDEFNNAME 
 , A.ib_operationname
 , A.VERSIONNAME
 , A.SENDERNODENAME
 , A.RECEIVERNODENAME 
  FROM PSIBRTNGDEFN A 
 WHERE EFF_STATUS = 'A' 
   AND EXISTS (
 SELECT 'X' 
  FROM PSOPRVERDFN_VW X 
 WHERE a.ib_operationname = X.ib_operationname 
   AND a.versionname = X.versionname 
   AND X.ACTIVE_FLAG = 'A') 
   AND EXISTS (
 SELECT 'X' 
  FROM PSAPMSGPUBHDR X 
 WHERE a.ib_operationname = X.ib_operationname);



I select of the routing table where the service operation is active and them I look for actual transactions that have been previously published.  Now I do run the risk of missing an infrequent transaction that might be configured, but I have never actually encountered an upgrade related issue regarding asynchronous message in PeopleSoft.  So I am pretty happy with this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment