Friday, December 13, 2013

Creating Backup Projects for Change Management

First of all, we don't utilize a change management tool like Stat or Phire.  But that does not mean we don't create backups projects for our changes.  Typically I log into Production and manually create a project and export it to file, but recently I had a project that was going to change 50+ objects.  So I asked my Admin if he had any ideas on moving just the project definition, without the objects, so I could create a backup project from Production.   He told me that if I export the project to a file in Development and then used the "compare and report from file" in Production it would copy my project definition.

This worked and I was able to quickly export my backup file from Production!  


No comments:

Post a Comment